Analysis of my diet

Over the three day diet, I observe that my protein intake is very high and the amount of vegetables I take is too low. I also need to regulate and keep in mind the number of servings of fruit i eat everyday.
Furthermore, I need to increase my calcium consumption. I would need to achieve this by drinking a glass of milk before I sleep.

Thus I can substitute Meat sandwiches with cheese sandwiches loaded with lettuce.
I also observe that the canned cream soup I drink at least three times a week is high in fat, and contains little vegetable. My family has the recipe as follows:

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 pound regular white mushrooms, cleaned, quartered or sliced
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 2 Tbsp minced shallots
  • 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 bay leaf
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
  • Minced parsley for garnish
Thus I suggest that I cook with the following ingredients:
1 Cup water
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 garlic clove crushed
1 or 2 Tbsp of olive oil
2 cups chopped or sliced fresh mushrooms
1 Tbsp of corn flour
Mustard to taste
Salt, and pepper.

Heat oil in medium heat. Saute the onion,garlic and mushrooms. In a mixing bowl add water and flour and beat until it gets the consistency of heavy cream. Add more flour if needed. Add this mixture to the onions mixture little by little so it does not get lumpy and keep stirring. Add the rest of the ingredients.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Healthy Diet Pyramid



Just by looking at this I can tell that in my diet, the Fruits and Veggie section is switched around with the Meat section.

No comments:

Post a Comment